Saturday, August 9, 2008

They're here!

Grandma and Grandpa finally moved down to Texas.
Okay, so this is kind of old news for most of my readers but oh well. This will be the first time in my life that all four of my grandparents are living close by! Now for the cousins...(and the plotting commences). Haha

The other day, I was reading A Light In The Window by Jan Karon, the second installation of the Mitford Series, and I read yet again about one of the character's, Ester Bolick's, famous Orange Marmalade Cake. Well, I was kind of hungry at the time, so I decided to look up the recipe on line. I typed Orange Marmalade Cake into the google search engine and wouldn't you know, the first thing to come up was "Esther Bolick's famous Orange Marmalade Cake" posted by non other than Jan Karon herself! Needless to say I printed out the recipe and the day mom came back with the ingredients I needed I made the cake. That was last night. It wasn't fully completed until around midnight but it looks absolutely fantastic and I got enough cake scraps together to figure out that it tastes absolutely divine. I hope to make it for Bible study one of these days and I also plan to post the recipe and pictures soon. I can't wait to cut into it. Because today is mom's birthday, I used that as an excuse to make the cake. Now I have to wait until everyone is together before I get a slice. Oh well, good things come to those who wait I suppose.

0 comments: