Monday, November 3, 2008

Wisdom Teeth

Okay, so for an update, at 8:00 O'clock this morning, I took my medication and sat down to let it take effect. Just like the nurse said, it took around fifteen minutes for it to kick in. When it did kick in, I felt a little tipsy but not nearly as bad as I had expected it to be. Collin and I had lots of fun pretending I was his drunk friend that needed to be taken, sorry, dragged home. At 9:00, I arrived at the oral surgeon's office and got prepped for surgery. I remember seeing them put in an I.V. catheter (which really hurt, by the way), putting in the oxygen tube, I remember them putting a paperish thing ontop of me and that's it. The next thing I remember is waking up in the living room chair a couple hours later with two giant peices of gauze stuck in my mouth and an incredible thirst.
Turns out mom had lots of fun trying to get me back home. They had to put me in a wheelchair and transport me to the car, stuff my tispy rear-end into the front seat of the car and drive me home. Then both Mom and Collin held me up as I tried to walk into the house. For those of you who have been to my house you know about the little step that leads up to the front door. Being in the drugged state that I was, I almost didn't make it. It's a really good thing Collin was there otherwise Mom might have thrown out her back trying to catch me.
All in all, though, it went really well. I sat in the livingroom up until 5:00 and then came up stairs to find something to do other than watch movies. I feel completely normal except for the fact that I have the extra long end of the stitches to play with on one side. heeheehee.

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I am soooo glad you are feeling well! Are you in any pain? Your meds working? Have a good evening!

Born to Dance said...

Yeah, the gums are really sore. It hurts to smile too big, talking has to be kept down to a minimum but the meds are working. Haha, the narcotic makes me reeeeealy sleepy.

Cheyenne said...

I was really glad to see you at Co-op today!! It's a bummer you work on fridays. :( Hope you had A LOT of fun!! We soooo rock at B-ball and soccer!! Yep, we are soooo amazing!! ;) We should like, give lessons! Talk with you later! Seriously we should think about giving lessons, because we are sooooo AWESOME!!! ;) Love Ya!